A local event like a contest or show.
Free Swap Meet
Free Tables and Free Admission
Greetings from the Phoenix, AZ Craig Hewitt Chapter of IPMS
The Craig Hewitt Chapter of the IPMS/USA invites you for a day of fun - and a little Model Contest - at the Commemorative Air Force Museum at Falcon Field, Mesa, Arizona on Saturday November 5th 2016, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Over 40 Categories!
Make 'N Take For Kids
The best local show around!
Modelzona is more than just a model contest. It is a huge way to interact with other modelers in our community.
Model Show, Contest and Swap Meet
MosquitoCon is a premiere modeling event in the Northeast and the only IPMS show held in NJ. This will be our 27th consecutive show and we normally have approximately 500 models entered in competition, as well as 100 vendor tables.
Wings & Wheels Modelers/IPMS presents its annual spring contest, Valleycon 28 on 25 March 2018. Doors open to the public at 9:00 Am. We will return again to the Knights of Columbus hall at 460 Granby Roadin Chicopee MA. The site is easily accessible from I-90, I-91 and I-391. There is plenty of free parking. Automotive and Aircraft classes are judged using traditional IPMS methods whilel the other classes are judged using the Open System. This year, we had about 74 vendor tables and already have commitments for 45 tables for 2018. Our raffle has a large number of top end models as well as other surprise items. The K of C provides hot food on site.
Our Main Theme: "The Great War 1914-1918" - or the War to End all Wars as a tribute to the 100th Anniversary of World War I
Any subject from 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918 (all scales, all sizes).
We'll also have special awards for:
- "The President's Choice Award" will go the Best Model (as chosen by the RRM Club President.)
- "Wings of the Mighty Eighth: Harold "Buck" Rigg Memorial Award" is anything related to the 8th Air Force from WWII to present and covering all aircraft to missiles.
- "Bud Lindemann Car and Track Award" which is in refinement after its first unveiling last year but in general is for any car manufactured between 1964 to 1979 which covers the beginning of his sportscast in "Autoscope" to his last in "Car and Track".
- "Concept Cars" also known as concept vehicles/show vehicles/prototype to showcase new styling and/or technology. They are often shown at motor shows to gauge customer reactions to new and radical designs which may or may not be mass-produced.
- "Patton's Cup" for any US Army or US made tank regardless of whose markings are on them, all sizes/all eras, except dioramas.
- and a People's Choice Award
Checkout our Facebook Contest Page for up-to-date info!
The Central Missouri Scale Modelers Club is proud and excited to present TigerCon each year in early November. Centrally located in Columbia, we have modelers from all parts of the Region5 area attend the contest.
TigerCon has 40 model categories to enter. Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are given for each category. Judging follows the IPMS rules with "no sweeps" per category. There are also seven additional awards for "Best in Class" groups, which are topped off with trophies for "Best of Show" and "People's Choice". New this year we will have a "Presentation Only" (non-competition) area available, as well as a Toys-for-Tots donation box.
Throughout the event an ongoing raffle awards kits to attendees, and the kids enjoy a Make-N-Take event for young modelers ages 8 to 14. Youth can assemble an easy-to-build snap-kit model of their choice for free to take home. Parents and guardians are encouraged to assist the youth, but event staff is on-hand to show the kids what to do.
The event also features a number of vendors, so in addition to winning awards, you can stock up for your Winter modeling projects!
This is the 26th consecutive model car show sponsored by the KC Slammers Model Car Club. Each year we have some 400+ models and 75 - 80 vendor tables. Plenty of parking available during the show and easily accessible from Rt. 435, the route which circles Kansas City, KS & Kansas City, MO as a joint metropolitan area. Plenty of lodging, restaurants and shopping available in a 5-mile radius of the event. We also have a class specifically for military builders - "Class #28 - Military (automotive related)...any non-track, automotive-style vehicle used by any military force from any nation. ANY SCALE."